I couldn't help myself. I got the Christmas bug yesterday and even though I told myself I wouldn't get out the Christmas stuff until December, I got it all out yesterday. We had a fun time getting out the tree and all the ornaments. Each year we let the kids pick out their own ornament, so needless to say we have a tree covered in superheros and cars. But this year we finally got a cute little fairy ornament for Livy. The boys had so much fun getting out their ornaments from the last few years. We had hot chocolate and of course danced to Christmas music. Shawn thinks that I am mighty corny with all the Christmas craze, but I just love it. Christmas was such a fun time of year thanks to my mom, and I want to do the same for my kids. I am looking forward to making gingerbread house with the kids on Friday-that is our next project.
In the process of decorating we couldn't see Livy and we started to panic, but we finally found her hidden under a big box. She was having such a great time with all the ornaments and lights. While we were decorating Shawn said something to me and called me "baby". Ethan said,"Dad why do you call mom baby?" Shawn responded that he called me that because he loved me. Ethan said, "Well, if you love her you should give her flowers. Why don't you give her flowers?" Shawn was speechless and I was waiting for his answer. Ethan finally said, "I give mom flowers all the time (which he does-he picks them from parks and peoples lawns and gives them to me). That is because I love mom." I just laughed. Ethan is so sweet.
We had a great day yesterday getting into the Christmas spirit, but now my kids think Santa is coming right now. They are going to be sadly disappointed for the new few weeks until Santa really does come. Oh well, it is fun anyway.
I didn't have a picture of Livy helping with the tree because she wouldn't hold still, but I had this cute one from the other night.
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
How do you get such great pictures? I love that one of the boys in front of the tree. And I did my blog--yours is much cuter. I'm still going to experiment because I love those red polka dots, but I can't figure out how to make them work!!
Looks like you guys had fun. Christmas is so much fun-especially with kids. Glad that you guys had such a great time decorating. Good luck with the Gingerbread houses!
Your tree looks awesome! I bet it's fun decorating with lots of little kids! Cute picture of Livy too!
Waiting until Dec is just absurd! I love Christmas way too much and can't wait to get all my Christmas stuff out. How fun that you have kids old enough to help decorate and play! I just love this time of year.
Post a Comment