Sunday, November 4, 2007
Crazy Sunday
What a crazy Sunday. Shawn was on call today so it was just me and the kids at church. I really don’t mind when Shawn is gone during the week nights, but Sunday’s are especially difficult. Me and three kids (none who know how to be reverent) at church trying to be quiet. Usually the do okay, but today was an off day. After wrestling with my kids for an hour during sacrament I thought I would get a break, but I was wrong. We were practicing for the primary program in Primary and Ethan continued his terror streak all through primary. I was so embarrassed! When we got home I decided that I needed to do something to help Ethan understand that he CAN NOT act like that in church. So, I put him on a chair and made him sit there reverently. I told him that since he did not know how to sit reverently at church he was going to have to practice at home. He did not like that and started screaming hysterically. Cole was very traumatized by Ethan’s screams and he ran over to Ethan and grabbed on to his legs and started crying, “No mommy, no mommy”. So both of them were crying and I almost broke into tears to see Cole defend his brother (the one who picks on him and takes his toys all the time) like that. It was just one fit after another ALL DAY long. But, they are all finally asleep in their beds. It is nice and peaceful. I think I just might go watch TV and finish the Halloween candy-that should make me feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Jen, you ARE the mom...of the year. You are doing a fabulous job. By the way, I love your blog and yes, I am keeping up! Love Dad
Jen, I have had my Sundays at church all alone also. Not so much lately, but they happen. Just remember that most people have been in your shoes before. Great Job being patient!
Oh Jen, I am so sorry you had a rough day. I saw at church that you were going a bit crazy. I think you are supermom to deal with all 3 kids by yourself - I can barely handle 1.
Chad loved the story about Ethan. Probably because it wasn't his son. I think church and specifically sacrament meeting is the hardest time to be a mom. Great job!
Post a Comment