Today we made our Gingerbread houses and they were a lot of fun, but a major disaster. They boys just wanted to eat all the candy and we lost our roof a few times and one of the walls. Cole would suck on the candy and then put it back on the house so it was covered with slobber. Shawn and I just laughed the whole time. Shawn retired from Gingerbread house making and shorty after Ethan and Cole left, leaving me with sticky hands and a crumbling gingerbread house. What a mess, but oh so fun!
Earlier today we did some Christmas shopping for the boys and I wanted to get this Lego set for Ethan. On black Friday this set of Lego's was on sale for 45.00 (regularly 79.00), but I didn't go on that day. The sale tag was still up so I went and asked the manager if he would still honor that price, even though the sale was over. He said that because the tag was still up they had to give me that price. So, I saved almost $40.00-I am so proud of myself.
A quick story. I was upstairs with Shawn and Livy and the boys were watching Polar Express, or so I thought. I went downstairs and the first thing I saw was an empty box of eggs with a few egg shells on the ground. Cole was busy running around the kitchen. I looked all over and couldn't find where the eggs had been cracked, so I finally asked Cole. He opened the cupboard where I keep my pans and Cole had cracked all the eggs right into a pan. What is amazing is that he really did get all the egg in the pan, nothing was on the floor. The kids cook with me often so Cole just must have felt right at home.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love the stories and pictures!
Okay I will be honest, Ry's gingerbread house collapsed on the way home from thanksgiving dinner. So now we have to do another one. They are fun but MESSY! You are a great mom! What fun days!
I love your stories! It sounds like you guys had a really good time.
Post a Comment