Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another day at the hospital...

Last night Shawn was on call at the hospital. About midnight my cell phone starting ringing. It was Shawn and I immediately got worried because why would he call at midnight unless it was urgent. When I answered no one was there, but I could hear blood curdling screams in the background. I was so confused and then my imagination started running away and I was sure that he had been abducted by aliens or something like that. I sat and listened for a good five minutes trying to figure out what was going on. All I heard were screams, but they weren't Shawns. Finally I hung up and waited until morning to call Shawn. When I called him he had no idea that he called me and told me the screams were from a patient. I asked him what he was doing to the patient, but it was nothing unusual. I felt so bad for the patient. He was screaming like he was going to die and I was sure that my husband was causing his pain. But in the end, Shawn was not abducted by aliens and he was not torturing his patient. I was so shaken by these screams, but for Shawn it was just a normal day at the hospital. I hope that my children will never have to experience going to the ER for serious injuries. Although with Cole I am sure it is just a matter of time.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is so hilarious! I mean, after you found out it wasn't him...then it was funny. I would have freaked out big time. It's funny that it is so normal to him.

Sherri said...

Cole sounds like my Corban... an accident is bound to happen!