Liv had her nine month doctor appointment early this morning so we got up early and got all ready. I dropped the boys off at a friends while I took Liv to the doctor. I was going to get on the freeway and it wasn't moving and I didn't want to be late so I took another road. I was cruising away when all of the sudden I saw police lights flashing behind me. I got pulled over (this is not funny so don't laugh) for going 50 on the frontage road where the speed limit was 35. I had no idea the speed limit on the frontage road was so slow. So, I got a speeding ticket which I totally deserve, but it gets worse. My car is registered in Utah as is my drivers license. So I ended up getting three tickets, one for speeding, one for not having a Las Vegas drivers license, and one for not having my car registered in Nevada. I just sat there completely shocked and then I started to cry-I know that is a little dorky, but I couldn't help it. So, after I sit there for 20 minutes I have to hurry because by now we are late for Livy's appointment. I call Shawn at the hospital to tell him what happened and he didn't really say anything and I said, "Shawn are you mad?" He responded, " I have been up all night at the hospital. I am not thinking very clearly." So he wasn't much help in making me feel better. There are those people who speed everywhere and are crazy drivers and they NEVER get tickets, but I am always so careful and I speed once and I get nailed. Anyway, I am dreading to find out exactly what the tickets will cost because I know they are expensive in Las Vegas.
Then when I get back to pick up my kids I found out that Cole pooped his pants. He has this funny complex and when he needs to go to the bathroom I have to walk him in, turn the lights on, and make sure he is situated just right-he wont' go unless I do that. He will stand right next to the toilet and yell and scream and pee his pants if I don't get there in enough time. Well, this is kind of what happened. He went into the bathroom at my friends and just stood there screaming. Of course she had no idea what he was screaming about and then a few seconds later he stopped screaming and explained to my friend that he has pooped in his pants. I am so sorry Natalie that you had to deal with that-I owe you one.
Next we went to the park for play group and Ethan had a major fit and wouldn't stop crying and then Cole started crying because he wanted to go home. By this time Ethan had calmed down and went back playing and then when I told Ethan it was time to go he had another melt down because he didn't want to go home. Wow, my two boys were a little crazy this morning. But, now Livy, Cole, and Shawn are taking naps and Ethan is quietly playing with his Lego's. So I really hope the rest of the day calms down. And don't worry, I won't be speeding anytime soon.
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Usually, if you get the car registered in NV and a new NV license, they'll excuse the tickets you got for those. Sorry, Jenn, I know how much that stinks.
That bites. I hate getting pulled over, it gets me all worked up. But hey, there are several people in the ward that work at the DA's office, maybe Nate can still do it I will check, anyway they can take you to friends and family court and that will extremely decrease the tickets. I will talk with Nate and give you a call. If he can't do it anymore, because he is now with the US attorney's office, I know Brian Anderson might do it for you.
Jenn that is horrible! I am so sorry! That makes me scared to get pulled over, because I don't think my car is registered here yet either. 3 tickets...I would have totally cried too.
I had no idea you had such a bad day the day before we saw you. We should have brought you dinner! I just got a ticket a month or so ago. And I am with you, I deserved it, I was speeding, but so were tons of other crazy drivers around me. Thanks so much for letting us stop in. It was so nice to see you!
Oh Jenn....I am so sorry! I had no idea when you were at the park that that happened. You do a really good job at brushing off bad things that happen. I am impressed. Seriously, you are my hero! I hope your day and weekend when better.
Oh, and Brian said that if you go into court you are pretty much guaranteed to have your ticket reduced significantly and I bet if you register before you go in you can have that one taken away. If you need to go into court I can watch your kiddos!
Post a Comment