This morning the boys were downstairs playing Lego's and this was the conversation.
Cole: "I am building a temple."
Ethan: "You get married in temples."
Cole: "what?"
Ethan: "Do you want to go to the temple and get married? That is what mom and dad's do."
Cole: Quietly contemplating.....
Ethan: "When we get married in the temple it means that we can be together forever."
Then a long pause of silence.
Cole: "That's gross (laughing)"
Ethan: "Yea, that is so gross to get married in the temple."
I quietly observed this conversation and while initially I thought that I had done a good job teaching the boys about getting married in the temple, I realized in the end that they are just boys and marriage is still a little gross to them.
Also, I forget to mention that earlier this week Cole ate his first handful of dog food. We were at my friends who has a dog and Cole saw a bag of what looked like candy and he didn't even hesitate and went right in. I caught him as he was chewing away with a weird look on his face. He wasn't sure what he was eating tasted good, but wanted it all the same.
And Livy finally found the toilet. I have made sure to always have the lids closed, but she can open them right up. I found her yesterday both hands splashing around. Just a little gross, but I guess every kid discovers the toilet at sometime.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's so cute! (The temple thing, not the toilet thing!) Your boys are such good buddies. I hope Gavin will have as good a time with a sister as your boys have with eachother! You're obviously doing a lot of things right with your kids, even if they do think marriage is gross!
It is amzing how fast they catch on to things. It sounds like they know it is important, and know we are boys we are suppose to think this is gross. Not tuff, anyway. I think the things you are doing with them are great! Thanks for sharing, I am trying to be better at these talks!
Jenn! You blog is so cute! My mom gave me your link and I am so glad! Your kids are growing up so fast, they are beautiful! We miss having you around! We love you!
Cousin Kelsie
Post a Comment