Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Just can't get a break
Those of you fellow Las Vegas girls probably already know this, but the Nevada DMV is horrible. Not only does it take three hours standing in line waiting to get a drivers license, but it stinks and slightly resembles a homeless shelter. I don't know where these people come from, but the craziest people show up at the DMV. Anyways, Shawn was off this afternoon so I left the kids and went to get my Nevada Driver's License (so that I can hopefully take care of one of my three tickets). Once I got there I waited in line for about 45 minutes, and this wasn't even the driver's license line. This was just the pre-drivers license line to make sure I had everything I needed. Finally, I get up to the front and hand the lady all my papers. She looks over everything and says that she needs to see my marriage certificate. Which of course I don't have, but I have about everything else you could think of in my purse. If you need to floss or trim your nails-I've got it covered, if you need a band-aid, wet wipes, or sunscreen-I've got it covered, if you need a snack, drink, toothbrush, or anything else-I've got it covered, but NOT my marriage certificate. I was turned away from the lovely Nevada DMV empty handed. I am really trying to do the right thing, but I just can't catch a break. On my way home I was stuck in traffic, hit every red light possible, and some crazy guy cut me off and almost caused an accident. But, let's focus on the positive. Rather than stand in line at the DMV for three hours I get to come home and spend time with my husband and kids, and it gives me another day to get out of the house away from the kids when I have to go back to the DMV. How is that for focusing on the positive?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Why on earth do you need your marriage certificate to get a driver's license? That's crazy.
I am sorry! That is so frustrating. Brian got his license before me and warned me to bring my marriage license (he didn't have all his paperwork the first time). Then when I brought it they acted like they didn't need it. So annoying. Anyway, I went on a Wed morning and the line was pretty short and it wasn't too bad. I also heard the one in Henderson is way better. Let me know if you need me to watch to kiddos so you can go another time.
Way to keep your chin up!!! I needed my marriage certificate right after I got married so I could change my license, but years later, COME ON. Thanks for sharing though, I will take mine next time just in case, wouldn't want to get turned away.
I hate the dmv...in any state. It's pretty much hell on earth. I'm so sorry that you couldn't get that taken care of while you were there. Oh that would annoy me so much.
Post a Comment