On Saturday we received a phone call from the Nevada State Troopers. Shawn answered the phone and received a speech about how one of their fellow colleagues just lost his life and he has a wife and three small children and wondered if we would donate money. I get these calls almost weekly from the Nevada State Troopers asking for money. They try to make you feel really guilty because they serve you, but it drives me crazy. I am not a cold hearted person and I honestly do feel bad that a fellow trooper died, but seriously I have my own family to take care of and if they want me to give money, send me some information in the mail and I will objectively look over it. I don't need someone trying to make me feel guilty into giving money over the phone, that just isn't right.
But this time it was funny because Shawn's response was, "hey, aren't you the guys who just gave my wife a ticket yesterday." The officer was dumbfounded and didn't really have an answer. Shawn politely declined, but I thought it was funny.
We had some of our best friends from Utah visit with weekend, and their daughter Rylee (a.k.a. Ethan's girlfriend), and little boy Jake. Ethan and Rylee played together so good and it is funny how their play has adjusted to the appropriate gender roles-Rylee was the mermaid and Ethan the Sea Captain (or something like that). Cole and Jake had a great time also, except for the small incident of the shelf hitting Jake in the head (sorry). Ethan had such a great time and so did Shawn and I. Please come again soon Kelly and Andy!
One of the goals for primary this year is each month to learn a new article of faith. So, we are working on the first one this month. Ethan is doing pretty good getting it memorized, but it is funny because he thinks that every time he says Jesus he has to say Amen right after, just like for prayers. So, the first article of faith in our house goes like this, "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in his son, Jesus Christ, Amen, and in the Holy Ghost. I can't get him to shake the Amen so I guess it will have to stay.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's so cute! In our last ward, the Primary Pres. son learned the 13th article of faith and he was a SUNBEAM! I was so impressed that I have a testimony that it can be done. She had the Children's Songbook on CD and he learned them all by listening to the CDs. Anyways, good luck and I just think you are such a great mom. You are a wonderful example to me. Thank You!
That is so funny that Ethan says Amen every time...he's a cutie!
Okay and I was totally hoping, before I read ahead that Shawn would say something about your ticket! That's so awesome! It's totally not cool to guilt people into donating money...drives me crazy too.
Ha Ha... perhaps he should have mentioned you would be giving a DONATION soon via the ticket.... too funny.
Good Luck with those Articles of Faith , Ethan.
Post a Comment