Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ethan's Wisdom

We were at the park yesterday morning and as we were leaving Ethan took his water bottle and dumped it all over the ground. When I told Ethan to stop it he said, "But I am making the trees so beautiful and green." Oops, I guess I got the wrong impression-that he might be wasting his water in this drought ridden city.

Ethan's Wisdom: If the trees look thirsty, share your drink with them.

Ethan is so efficient with his time. Last night while we were walking Ethan to his bedroom he folded his arms and started saying his prayers. When I realized what he is doing I told him that he shouldn't walk and say his prayers because it isn't reverent, and that he should always kneel to be reverent. So, the next thing I know he stops in the middle of the hallways and gets down on his knees and continues his prayers. The funny thing is that he was still walking down the hallways on his knees.

Ethan's Wisdom: If you say your prayers as you walk down the hallway you get things done faster.

Ethan is really funny with boogers. They freak him out and he refuses to blow his nose. So last night Ethan had a booger and Shawn instructed him to get a tissue. I wasn't in the room and later when I went to bed I went to grab a tissue and it had a big booger sticking off the top. I guess that is improvement, at least it got somewhere near a tissue.

Ethan's Wisdom: If you just use the top of the tissue to wipe your booger and leave it there, you can still use the bottom half of the tissue later.

Ethan: Dad, when you were little did you want to go to Disney Land?
Shawn: Yes
Ethan: Did your Dad take you to Disney Land?
Shawn: Yes
Ethan: Well, my Dad won't. He is mean.

Ethan's Wisdom: If you make your Dad feel guilty for not talking you to Disney Land, when he got to go as a child, he just might let you do it soon.

At soccer practice this week Ethan was instructed to follow his coach while dribbling the ball. Ethan didn't really understand, so he was told it is like follow the leader and that he needed to follow his coach. Ethan's response, "We follow the prophet." Isn't he such a smart boy!

Ethan's Wisdom: Follow the Prophet-enough said!

4 comments:

Christi said...

That is awesome! I love how kids are so smart. My favorite is that he was still walking on his knee's as he was praying.

Alifinale said...

He is one smart kid. I would be scared if I were you because he is already working on outsmarting you. I love the prayers thing!

Cassey said...

I love this post! Ethan you are a wise boy!

Brooke S. said...

Jenn - your picture of the boys looks really great! What were your settings?