Saturday, April 26, 2008

Question for the Doc!

Shawn had two funny questions last night at the hospital that I think are worth repeating. One mom brought her two month old baby into the ER. Her complaint: My daughter has a hole in her head. While that might cause some concern, she was referring to her child's soft spot. So Shawn explained about the soft spot and that her child would be just fine.

Next, she wanted to know if Shawn could pierce her daughters ears. Shawn just started laughing, but I guess she seriously thought it was a medical procedure! Shawn continues to be amazed daily at the questions he gets. Most revolve around feeding issues, like parents who feed their newborn baby food (I'll give the mom a little credit on that one. After all, it is called baby food-not six month old food).

7 comments:

Kara said...

Wow! Those are GREAT questions! I was wondering the same things. Thanks for answering them for me so I didn't feel dumb asking:) Ha Ha!

Sherri said...

Some of them come up with the best comments...!! and questions. At least it keeps life interesting...riiigghht?

Cassey said...

That makes you wonder huh? Have these people never been around babies? No cousins or neighbors or nieces? Weird. Poor Shawn, he has to be super polite and act like these are normal concerns.

Jen Lee said...

I read that and think wow, who doesn't know that? Then I wonder which of my stupid questions my doctor goes home and laughs about with his family. It's amazing that you have to take all kinds of lessons and pass a test and everything to drive a car, but there's no training or qualifying at all to be responsible for a human life!

Christi said...

Man, I was going to ask Sean if he pierce Reagan's ears, and the new baby's ears. Guess I will have to go elsewhere! That is funny.

Alifinale said...

Seriously...makes me feel sorry that they don't have a mom or sister or friend to ask these questions to. It seems waiting in the ER for such things is such a waste when a quick phone call would have helped them out. Shawn is a saint to not out right laugh in their face all the time.

Jody said...

That is pretty funny. I think I would have laughed at the mom as well.