Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm still here

Really, I am still alive- just haven't blogged for a while. Kids haven't been feeling great and you know how it goes. But I will share a couple of the past few days highlights.

1. When I was driving in the car this afternoon the thermometer registered at 102. Okay, so that is not really a highlight, but seriously it's only May. I am not ready for this hot of weather so soon.

2. I got my first EpiPen today. Yes, my hives are still here and have gotten worse. Now they are accompanied by edema (swelling). Some mornings I wake up with Angelina Jolie lips, sometimes I have my cankles back to remind me of the pregnant days, and some days my eyes are swollen shut and some I can't even get my wedding ring on. The past few days my throat has been swelling also and breathing has been difficult. So, this morning I went back to the Doc and got a few more pills to take (I already take 18 pills each day, seriously how many more can I take). But, hopefully soon I can get this hive thing under control.

3. Ethan's last soccer game was on Saturday. This might be his last soccer game EVER! He was not excited about it and it was usually a very tortuous hour for Ethan and both Shawn and I. But we survived and we will definitely wait a year or so before trying that again.

4. My first volleyball game since Junior High. Our stake just started a Volleyball league. I was really excited to play since it has been a while. I missed the practice so I was nervous that I wouldn't even remember how to serve, but things worked out okay. We won the game and had a great time. I discovered the next day that you use different muscles playing volleyball than for anything else and to my surprise I was a little sore.

10 comments:

Jamie Reese said...

Yeah Jenn you are alive...I was starting to worry since you hadn't posted in a week! Love ya!

Brooke S. said...

my dear sister! I too was worried when you didn't post, but mostly I'm worried about your health! We'll keep you in our prayers.

Kara said...

I hope you and your kids get to feeling better soon! I heard you were awesome at volleyball and doesn't it feel good to be kind of sore? At least you feel like you've done something. We're playing this week at 9:00 PM- Thurs

Jody said...

Sorry to hear the hives are still getting you. i hope you can get them under control soon. I will keep you in my prayers. That is no fun dealing with that. Glad you are ok

Christi said...

I was wondering where you went! Hope to see you soon.

Emily said...

SO sorry about your cankles...I know those well.

Yay for volleyball! I totally heard you were awesome! Can't wait to play on Thursday night!

Anonymous said...

We even had 90 degree temps? What happened to spring! I wish I had some sort of volleyball/basketball talent. Our stake and ward does that but I am terrible at contact sports! Good for you for all you are doing! I joke with some of the ladies in my ward I could come and bring the oranges! I am glad you guys did soccer first, we are going to try and put R in next fall?! See how that goes!

Cassey said...

It got up to 107, can you believe that? I really want everything to get work out with your hives, one pill or less.

Mama said...

How in the world did you get never-ending-hives?? So Sorry!! Hope your Dr figures it out soon!
Melinda

Mama said...

p.s. What does Shawn do for work? The cockroach in the ear is DISGUSTING!!!! Melinda again