Saturday, May 3, 2008

Race Day

Today was the big day- I ran my first 5K this morning! I ran with a group of friends in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (breast cancer) race. It was so fun-I didn't think that about two miles into the race, but now I look back and it was so great. The energy and buzz at the race was so fun. I ran the race in 29 minutes, which isn't great, but I was just proud that I finished and didn't pass out. There were 20,000 people who ran this race in Las Vegas. It was crazy! When the race started at first you couldn't even run because there were people everywhere and we had to hop into the median to just get past people and start running. I feel so good to have finished! Ethan and Cole thought it was funny that I was running in a race. This morning before leaving Ethan told me that I probably wouldn't win because there are a lot of other moms faster than me. Thanks a lot for the support! But, overall a decent race and definitely great friends to run with-thanks girls for running with me! The goal is to shoot for the half marathon next fall in Disney Land. I will really have to get working if I even have a chance at that one.

Thanks Dawn for the pics!

11 comments:

Brynn said...

I've run or worked at the Race for the Cure six times in the past, and I love it. It is one of my favorite races. Way to go on the 29 minute time - I was always a walker and never finished under 40 minutes. Good luck with the half-marathon!

Jody said...

Congratulations on your first race!!!! I am planning on getting into running more after I pop this kid out. Mike and I want to run in the air force marathon. Good luck with your half marathon!!!

Alifinale said...

Woohoo! You did it! Seriously, I hate running and admire those that run. You guys look so cute and how fun to run together. I am way impressed.

Christi said...

Good Job! That is awesome. I love running in races, even though I am not fast! They are so much fun. Cute pic.

Bringhursts said...

Way to go! 29 mins is awesome; I probably would have taken 3 or 4 hours.

Emily said...

Oh man you girls are so awesome!!! Good for you! I'm sad I didn't do it!

Sherri said...

Wow, what an accomplishment!! Congratulations SUPER MOM!!!!!!!!

Cassey said...

Way to go! Next the half marathon then on to a triathlon!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Jen!! Your blog is always so cute, how do i get different back grounds. Oh and by the way that comment that Ethan said, hillarious!! kids are great aren't they? Mykelle was sitting on my lap today and said," Mommy it is kindof squishy." So I guess I need to start running marathons. thanks for the motivation.
meg

Brooke said...

Congratulations! I think 29 minutes is a great time.

Dave and KayDee said...

Wow! 29 minutes sounds wonderful to me! What a good example of being fit! I love your blog backgrounds! I need to learn how to do it, I'm not so good at this blogging thing.