Monday, June 2, 2008

Reese Family Responsibilities (by Ethan)

Last night Ethan informed Shawn and I what he thought our responsibilities are. So here they are:

Livy: Have fun, be a nice girl, and eat all her dinner
Cole: Be nice, and watch Voltron with Ethan
Ethan: Protect Livy, and help make cakes
Dad: Go to work, feed the fish, and cook dinner with mom
Mom: Clean house, run on the treadmill, read scriptures, and take Ethan to swimming


If that was really all I did that would be great! The real list should also include:


Livy: Scream, throw tantrums, dump trash on ground, throw food on floor, drop toys in the toilet, throw binki at mom, nap, eat food off floor.
Cole: Break things all day long, make mom really mad, make mom really happy, take Ethan's toys, color on couch, have a lightsaber duel.
Ethan: practice reading and writing, play Jedi's, yell at Cole, fight with Cole, and ask for string cheese ten times a day, soak the bathroom at bathtime.
Dad: Build dream cars on computer, watch TV, study
Mom: get kids dressed, brush teeth, make beds, go to park, get mail, blog, get groceries, take out trash, do laundry, clean toilets, mop floor, shower, yadda yadda yadda......


Also, for some reason my boys think they are so funny when they call people names. Their idea of name calling includes anything with the word "head" added to the end. Example: Monkey Chicken Head, Silly Cracker Head, Stinky Booger Head, and occasionally they add in a potty word, but I put a stop to those pretty quick. I guess if you add the word "head" to a group of random words it classifies as a dirty name in the eyes of my kids. Really, I am glad this is as far as the name calling has gone-it could be a lot worse. So, if you get called a Crazy Horse Head don't worry it probably just means they like you!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Hi Jenn, we blog-hopped our way over to yours and just wanted to say hi...we're really not blog stalkers. ;) Looks like you and your cute fam are doing great! If you'd like to check ours out, just email us {we're private since Nate'
s a police officer..."safety first!"}. Take care, the Mullins

amy said...

Hey Jenn, I just love reading your blog it is so fun and creative. Plus your fam is so darn cute. I wish you were still here in WI. We miss ya! I thought it was funny cause I actually was on an old high school friends website and came across your sisters website. which linked me to yours and now here I am writing you a message. Small world! I just thought I would say hello. Miss ya tons. AMY

Jessett said...

That is so funny. I just love your posts. Your little family is so dang cute and sounds like they all have creative and funny personalities.

Jenn said...

My kids have just started calling each other idiots. I think I might prefer the stinky booger head kind of name calling.

Bringhursts said...

Ethan's a crack up.