Sometimes all I want is five minutes without someone crying, begging, yelling, whining, and touching me-is that too much to ask? At times I wonder what my life would be like without kids... I don't know, maybe full of sleep and actually finishing things that I start. But, is that really what I want..... The kids keep me laughing all day long, like when Ethan prays that his food will cool down, that our car will not run out of gas, or when Cole tells me that dinner was so NASTY-all of which happened yesterday. Cole told his preschool teacher this morning when asked what his dad does for work, "he get's Coke." Ethan informed his primary teacher that his mom isn't getting anything for Christmas because she is poor. I just love the innocent, tender spirits in each one of my kids and despite the fact that I might like to have some peace and quiet every once in a while, or even catch up on sleep, or maybe if I am lucky go out on a date with my husband-I wouldn't change anything!!! Who would tell me that they love my earings and set the table for breakfast to surprise me (ethan), who would give me the best bear hugs and want to help me cook(cole), and who would get my slippers every morning and hang out with me while I get ready (liv). When it comes down to it-I love being a mother, I love my kids, and I really I love my crazy, sleep-deprived life. How grateful I am to have three healthy kids. Shawn comes home with all kinds of sad stories of kids dying and it is so tragic, I couldn't imagine my life for a second without my kids. How grateful I am to be their mother.
Also, as of this morning Shawn got offered his first interview for a Neonatology Fellowship. His interview will be at the University of Rochester in New York, which I know is far away from home, but we love the program and area. A bit of an extreme weather change, but we will see. Hopefully there will be more interviews to come, but we are excited!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
So you are moving? Too bad! We're on our way back to Vegas. I guess we won't see you after all. Great post. I just got both kiddos down for a nap and was thinking of what life would be like without being needed every 2.7 seconds. Relaxed, but boring!
What a great post. I agree. And I really don't want you to move. Just putting that out there.
I'm pretty sure we have all wish-I mean, thought about life without kids. But what makes you the best mom is that the thoughts are quickly dismissed...or interrupted by crying, whining, yelling, etc.
How exciting to get an interview! And to a program that you like, that is great news! The thought of NY makes me shiver because of how cold it will be. I'm sure you'd adjust...you adjusted here!
Congrats...although I'm with Christi...you can't move.
I am with you, I wouldn't trade all the excitement and craziness of being a mother for any amount of sleep and quiet.
I am happy to hear about the interview, that is great news!
Wouldn't that be so great if you went to Rochester? Then you and the Malones could meet up. I bet Gretchen would like that!! And then to see how our lives crisscross.
Love the post - who hasn't felt that way, but you were able to so elegantly state what we all feel. Besides, you're so good at being a mom! Good luck with that interview, Shawn.
Neonatology...Wow.
Having been through a couple of those doctors, they sure could use someone like your husband. That is an awesome speciality.
Jenn,
sorry I haven't emailed you back, I wish I had more time when I was in Vegas, but by the end of the multi city trip, I was ready to go home...
NICU?? I always thought shawn was looking into GI... Good luck! I have heard great things about living in Rochester (Other than you don't go outside in the winter)
Jenn I agree with you. although I have no kids.. and have been wanting some for awhile! but I hope you relize how lucky you really are and pray for them every night!
They are so beautiful!
Love you cuz!
Completely agree with you. I love my kids to bits; even when things are crazy, loud or busy. I have always wanted to be a mom and I thank Heavenly Father every day that I am able to.
Exciting prospect ... Never been to New York; hopefully someday.
WOOHOO! Seriously! We are in Rochester! Which hospital??
Post a Comment