Ethan is on track break from school right now. He has been loving it. Riding bikes all day long and sleeping in-he thinks it is perfect. Yesterday he said, "I love school track break. When do I get track break from church?" I had to laugh as I explained to him you never get track break from church, and you actually never even graduate. He wasn't so amused!!
Shawn has been working nights this month. When Shawn isn't home for dinner I have little desire to make any (because really the kids don't care). So the kids and I have been managing on cereal, pancakes, hot dogs, etc. It is really pretty nasty when I think about it. Last night I decided to make an actual real dinner.
Ethan: What is this?
Mom: It's dinner?
Ethan: No it's not. Where's my dinner? I want a bowl of cereal.
Mom: Yes, this IS dinner now eat it!
It seems like all my hard work after all wasn't even worth it, or maybe I just need to make dinner more often, regardless if my husband is home or not.



5 comments:
I've got that problem too. I don't want to fix anything when J.D.'s not coming home.
Ethan's funny.
We are the same way! We only have real dinner when Brandon is home. I see you guys received the Ross hat as well....we thought we were special!
Ditto on the cooking dinner thing! Now the kids just want their own things, so it's even harder to try and convince myself that making dinner is worth it.
I love Ethan's "track break" from church...classic!
haha, that's so me when nate's gone! luckily he doesn't leave for work til 8pm so we usually have something decent 3 nights but that 4th night when he's gone by 3pm it's usually sonic $1.50 whacky paks!
Post a Comment