Sunday, October 7, 2007

Peaceful Sunday....sort of

Today while Shawn and I were trying to watch the morning session of conference Cole decided to color one of his books. What was really funny about it was on each page he only colored on Pablo's eyes (it was a Backyardigan's book). So now on each page Pablo has big black crayon scribbled all over his eyes. Afterward Cole looked at me and said, "Oh No, Pablo can't see. Mommy, fix it." I always look forward to conference, but trying to get something for the kids to keep them entertained long enough without ruining things is challenging. Ethan played Lego's pretty peacefully for a while, but then Cole wanted to help and that ended up into a Lego war. After that Ethan decided he wanted to write a letter to Santa with the things he wanted for Christmas. I can't believe we already have to start thinking about Christmas, but it will be here soon. Hopefully some day my kids will look forward to conference as much as Shawn and I do. Until then I we will just keep trying and enjoy the parts of conference that I do here through all the yelling and screaming. Someday I will get my peaceful Sunday.......maybe.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

My feelings exactly!! At least you can watch it at home. Maybe we need to figure out how to hook the computer up to the TV next time.

Brynn said...

Our Sunday was the eight-month-old equivalent. Nathan was NOT interested in listening to some old men (and woman) speak and wanted to be tossed in the air and fed. Chad took a nap. Chad needs to get paid enough to get cable so we can watch it next year.