Two out of my three kids had a choking incident today. This morning I did some grocery shopping and when I got home I put Livy in her chair at the table so that I could put away some groceries. A few minutes later I look over and Livy is totally choking and gagging on something. I couldn't see anything in her mouth, but I noticed on the floor was a shredded paper towel. Livy LOVES to eat paper, so I figured she must have ate some of the paper towel. So I did the old finger sweep in her mouth and I felt a piece of something in the back of her throat. I grabbed on and pulled out this huge 6 inch piece of paper towel. It came all the way back up her throat and she gagged as I pulled it out. I couldn't believe how much she got in there. Then, at lunch time, Ethan decided to shove a whole peanut butter sandwich in his mouth. And you know the rest of the story, sticky peanut butter stuck in throat. So, he starts gagging and again I did the good old finger sweep. Gross, a large mass of chewed up, saliva contaminated sandwich. I am starting to think that I need to take a refresher course on CPR, First Aid, and the Heimlich Maneuver..what do you think?
Ethan was building with some Lego's earlier today and he said, "Mom, I am a great Lego builder." I agreed and asked him how he learned to build Lego's so great. Seriously he replied, "In high school."

No comments:
Post a Comment