They say what goes around comes around and I have to agree with that in regards to parenting. When I was a girl my sister and I used to stay up all night long playing, laughing, and even sometimes fighting. My mom used to come down and get mad and tell us to go to sleep. It usually took four or five times before we finally listened. Usually we ended up being separated and one was put on the office floor where my dad was working so that he could keep on eye on us. These past few days my boys have started doing that. After I put the boys to bed they do the same thing. They will stay up for hours just playing and talking. I have to go in and threatened them several times before they listen. It is so fun because they really play cute together and talk about the craziest things. Then they each take a turn making a mad dash to the playroom for a toy and then back before mom can see them. They go one at a time to be sneaky, but little do they know that I know exactly what they are doing. I used to think that I was so clever as a kid and could sneak things past my mom, but now I realize that parents know everything. So I guess the jokes on me. I am getting exactly what I gave my mom when I was young.




Also, I want to wish a very happy birthday to my wonderful sister Jamie. Love you Jam! And also I missed my sister Brooke's birthday on the 11th so here is Happy Birthday to you too. Love you Brookie! My sisters are amazing and I am so glad to have them in my life.

7 comments:
Boy are you ever right.... I see my kids giving me exactly what I gave my parents. The efforts to negotiate, the giggling and playing when lights go out... ALL OF IT is headed my way. Thanks for the insightful message!!!
Good thing I was a perfect child because I am going to get perfect kids....ok maybe not. And my hubbie was especially rambunctious so we are doomed. So funny. And I love all the pics of your sisters - the twin pics are so fun!
So if it was Jami's birthday does that mean you just had a birthday too (isn't Jami your twin?) If so, Happy Birthday to the both of you!
That is a good one. It really does come back around. My mom just laughs when I tell her things Judson does cause she says you did the same to me.
Hope you had a great Christmas!!
Happy Birthday!!!!!
right back at ya' jenn! I've been at work all day, but I'll call you on my way to Happy Sumo tonight - I'm celebrating your birthday. Love you and happy birthday!
(you could have photoshoped my squinty eye you know...j/k)
right back at ya' jenn! I've been at work all day, but I'll call you on my way to Happy Sumo tonight - I'm celebrating your birthday. Love you and happy birthday!
(you could have photoshoped my squinty eye you know...j/k)
Happy Birthday!
That is so funny about the boys! It must be hard to get mad at them for that, knowing you used to do the exact same thing. I think I'm going to get that "what goes around comes around" feeling a lot as Easton gets older. Shoot...darn kids teaching US lessons!
I love this post. I can just picture your boys doing this, and you being such a good mom, allowing it. They will have so many great memorys. I totally agree, what goes around comes around...I am just trying to prepare? SCARY! We missed you guys over the holiday! Your blog is too, cute! I am trying to figure out how to do that! Where did you find snow to do the snowman pics? You don't have any down there do you? Loved them.
Post a Comment