Happy New Year!
I always love the start of a new year. It is fun to think about the upcoming year and all the fun things that await. I feel like as the months go on I start slacking on my new years resolutions so every January it is nice to start over again. One of my goals this year is to parent with reverence. I know that sounds a little lame, but a few weeks ago I was reading the Sunday school manual and for some reason this topic really made an impression on me. So, I am going to give it a try, but I already lost that battle when Cole threw a glass snow globe down the stairs this morning and it landed on my glass manger and it broke. But, I am rededicating myself to that goal and hopefully will do better next time.Shawn was on call last night at the hospital so me and the kids had a quiet night (except for the neighbors fireworks all night long), but my parents have been in town for the weekend and we had a great time all week long. We did lots of shopping, eating, and playing. On Saturday they took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks at the theatre. I always love having company-I only wish I had a nice guest room so they could get some peace and quiet. It is hard to find a quiet place in my house!
So, here we are starting on the new year and I can't wait for all the fun adventures and surprises that will come our way!


3 comments:
That is a great goal for the new year and have a similar one myself. I admire your patience and the way you handle 3 kids most of the time by yourself.
Jenn, we didn't come for peace and quiet! We got exactly what we wanted. (Although I am a little tired). Love, mom
Jenn, my goal is to be more like you. You have always seemed to be a great mom and wife, close to the spirit and always striving to be better. Thanks for your example.
Post a Comment