Today was another single mom Sunday for church (a.k.a. Shawn On-Call at the Hospital). After a grueling Sunday last week I was very chicken today. We went to sacrament meeting, but stayed out in the foyer. It worked for Ethan, but Cole thought that was his ticket to run free. Cole is sick and I didn't feel like I should take him to nursery to contaminate the other kids so he came with me to teach my primary class. He and Livy were the entertainment for my ten year old class. As I am struggling down the hallway with Liv in one arm and dragging Cole behind me with the other arm, a friend offered to help and take Livy. Livy is really a pretty crusty baby and doesn't go to anyone except me. She cries even if someone looks at her that isn't me. But, I was desperate and gave it a shot. To my surprise and relief, Liv curled right up and fell asleep in my friends arms. I was so shocked, but it looks like someone was watching out for me today.
After church I took my three kids around visiting teaching, but my partner never showed up. So we made it a quick visit with a few cookies (that sounds like the best visiting teaching I have ever done). Now as I am just about ready to put the kids to bed I realized that it really wasn't that bad of a single mom Sunday. Maybe I am getting the hang of this.....but probably not.
Also, on a different note I wanted to take a second to pay tribute to President Gordan B. Hinckley, who died this morning. What an amazing man! His work in building the kingdom of god, his messages, love, and spirit has meant more to me in the past few years that I thought possible. I can't imagine a happier reunion for him to return to his sweet wife and Heavenly Father. President Hinckley was definitely a man of God and his humble servant for the past few years, and will be greatly missed.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jenn, every week I want to steal one of your kids away to try and help, I just think you're the best mom ever...so patient! And you do it all with a smile on your face!
I totally agree with what you said about President Hinckley too. Kind of bitter sweet...sad for us, but good that he is with his wife again.
You are my hero! You are so good at being a single mom when you need to be and you never complain. I am so impressed. Next time, I get to take Livy.
Post a Comment