Saturday, February 9, 2008

I am officially a Nevada resident

I did it, I am officially a Nevada resident. While my parents were in town these past few days I took the opportunity (free babysitters) and went Friday morning to the DMV. This was my second attempt at getting a license and it was successful. I arrived about 45 minutes before it opened early that morning and there was already the beginning of a line. I was number 15 in line, but it was totally worth it because as soon as they opened the doors I was in and out of there so quickly. At first the lady didn't believe that I was over 25 (if you are 25 and younger than you have to take the test), but when I showed her all my papers she had proof. Also, remember how last time they needed my marriage certficate, well this time they didn't even ask for it. Maybe that is because I had my passport also, but I was so mad. The electronic signature bar wasn't working well when I was trying to sign my name on the license and the guy kept telling me to do it over and over again. About the sixth try I finally told him that I didn't care what it looked like and that I just wanted my license. He laughed, but handed me my license. The signature looks pretty much like chicken scratch, but really-who cares!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats! Oh man, the DMV is such a headache! I can't believe you got there so early and there was still a line! Craziness...thank goodness you were able to go without your kids.

Sherri said...

WOW... to bad going to the DMV early isn't as rewarding as going to an after Thanksgiving sale, and even then I am not willing to wait in line. Congrats on the HUGE achievement!!

Alifinale said...

YAY Nevada resident. I think my signature always looks like chicken scratch on those things. How nice that they thought you looked too young. When I went that nice old man thought I didn't weigh as much as I said I did. I think he just knew how to butter women up.