Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Are we really adults?

Sometimes I wonder if I am really a grown woman with three children. I still feel like I am 15 years old and all I want to do is play games, sports, and any kind of activity that gets me running and having fun. Maybe it is an early midlife crisis, I don't know, but I am really enjoying it. This morning for playgroup we went to Pump It Up! We LOVE that place and my kids just bounce off the walls-literally-and have such a great time. But, the highlight for me was when the mom's decided to race through the relay course. It was like American Gladiator Mommy Style! We raced two at a time until we had a champion. It was funny to watch the mom's all doing the relay and the kids watching, a little backwards right? I even came home with a few battle wounds. It got me thinking....are we really adults? Do you ever grow out of your inner child? I am not sure you do. My dad is living proof of that. He is 52 and still acts like one of the biggest kids I know (temper tantrums included). Weekly he crashes his mountain bike down the mountain, wrestles (serious wrestling) with my teenage brothers, and I think he has been in the ER more than any person I know. But for some reason he gets up each day and does it again. So, I just think the kid in us never leaves..... and that is a good thing.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I am having a good midnight laugh at the thought of grown women elbowing each other while jostling for position to win at a child's obstacle course,,, FUNNY. I LOVE IT!

Kara said...

I agree- I love Pump It Up! I have several battle wounds from there too, it's rough! So fun though, and I love to act like a kid again! We all need that I think.

Emily said...

Sounds like so much fun! So who was the winner? I'd say i want to come next time but my kid is scared to death of that place. Big shocker, he's scared of everything.

Cassey said...

Who was the champ? I think I was the champion (if you don't count I got bet out by Rome) so I need to know who I need to bet.:) I'm glad it was fun.

Jenn said...

So, everyone wants to know the winner and sadly it wasn't me. It was Kathryn Wood. With those long legs she schooled me and everyone on the climbing wall.