Thursday, February 12, 2009

Interview Progress

Shawn is in the middle of interviewing for a fellowship.  Just thought I would keep everyone up to date on how things are going.  So far Shawn has been offered interviews at:

  1. Indiana University 
  2. University of Southern California
  3. University of Michigan 
  4. University of Minnesota 
  5. Advocate Lutheran General (Chicago)
  6. Washington University 
  7. University of Missouri
  8. University of Rochester
  9. Medical College of Wisconsin
  10. Ohio State University
  11. Oregon Health & Sciences University Program (this one is pending, they contacted Shawn and were interested, but haven't officially offered him an interview.)
So, there is our grand list of where we will be living next.  A few more interviews still might come, but we feel very happy about the options so far.  We will keep you posted.  The fellowship match isn't until October so we have to wait a while, but we should probably have a good idea before then.

post signature

10 comments:

Bringhursts said...

So you must have a TOP choice, right? Which is it?

Jenn said...

Well, I really don't know much about the different programs (that's Shawn's area), but as far as living goes I really like Wisconsin, Indiana, or Washington University in St. Louis. They have great neighborhoods for families without having to live in the ghetto (like we would have to at USC).

Alifinale said...

That is so exciting! Sad that you will be leaving though.

BTW, our house (fingers crossed) is in Mtns. Edge. We actually already moved into another rental and are no longer in the ward and I am very sad about it. But I am still crashing playgroup because I am love it.

Emily said...

I vote for OHSU!

That is a lot of options, that's so great! I hope you get the one you want!

Christi said...

I vote OHSU too!!! I hope you guys get what you want!!! Love the new background.

Angela said...

I vote OHSU as well! NICE housing in Portland is very affordable and you can come visit us at the coast an hour away. (We signed in Tillamook.)No sales tax in Oregon and they pump your gas! We lived in Portland for a summer while Brandon did in-patient peds. Loved the city,tons of parks,zoo--you name it. The Temple there is gorgeous! Best of luck where ever you go.

Lauren said...

That is quite a few options! Hopefully wherever you end up works for your family!

Jody said...

I think Ohio state would be cool. Only because we are moving to Ohio in May and we would be close enough to hang out nad catch up. I feel like it has been forever since I have seen you.

Brownies said...

I'm so excited for you! Missing you! Can I VT you this month? Ha ha.

Sherri said...

How exciting... it is so amazing where this process takes us and the adventures that shape our lives. I hope wherever you go will benefit as much from having you there as you do from being there. I know you always leave a positive impact wherever you go!! Best of luck and our prayers are with you!